Help pointing dish for DishNet

mt742

Original poster
Apr 21, 2010
Southern Nova Scotia
I have a 1000.2 dish bringing in 119 and 110 (absolutely cannot catch 129 at all). So I hooked up a Dish 500 dish with a dual Dish Pro LNB set up to pick up 61.5.

On dishpointer.com, based on my location, it suggested the elevation should be 39 degrees and the azimuth (mag) be 190. I am only getting mediocre signal (low teens) for some of the higher transponders (32, etc.) for 61.5. Thus I am losing signal on several channels. I do not have the dish skewed at all, just straight up and down. I assume since I am only pointing to one sat, that there isn't need for a skew.

any ideas that may help improve reception? I have a open view of the skyline. Help please!

I assume from your location you can't get 129 to LOS issues. You do know that doing a 110/119/61.5 setup you are going to be missing HD channels, right?

Couldn't get 129 because of elevation. No, I didnt realize I would be missing HD channels.... I went through and checked and thought I was getting them all for the Top 250. But a few channels (Spike HD, Travel HD, etc.) we being lost due to low signal.... due to the 61.5. Is there any reason why I shouldn't get strong signal on 61.5 given I am in southern NS? Do I have an alternative for the 61.5 bird??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)