Help re-init 508 hd

psycaz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Ferndale, MI
I am following the directions contained in the thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/96954-how-re-initialize-hard-drive-dvr.html

and I get all the way to the last screen that says about the hard drive being re-initalized. To clear press poser button or unplug ac (paraphrasing).

But it won't re-init the drive.

Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?

The drive completely locked up last night. After a power button reset, the machine is working, but lost all recordings, and has less than 40 hrs record time while being empty.

Figured that a re-init would be the best idea as power resets and ac unplugs aren't helping anymore.

TIA.

Was hoping to not have to replace the box. Don't want to have a pvr fee.

I'll try support later as my son is watching stuff on it, and I am watching football. :)

If you do RMA, please let us know if you somehow get another 508, or a 522/625 with or without some special deal.

Turned on the box this morning and checked it.

Everything that recorded last night after I tried to re-init thing are now gone. All timers are gone. It took. :)

It now shows 60 hrs and 12 min of record time. It seems to be back to normal.

Now, I just have to convince my son to occasionally delete stuff and to make sure to select "new" when he sets timers, instead of "all".

isnt the 508 more than 60 hours?

call E reporterdly they can replace such a unit with a no dvr fee receiver.

if OP has 2 say 508s a single 625 would be more modern and save a extra receiver fee, so the DVR fee wouldnt matter.,

in any case the hard drive is BAD and will only fail again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)