Help! Setting up my wireless router with HR21?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kokomogator

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
I have a Netgear wireless router and would like to set up my DVR for on demand downloads. What kind of adapter do I need and are there any compatibility issues with using with my Netgear router?

Any help is appreciated and I'm not a technical genuis so please keep it simple as possible :D thanks!

Your Netgear router should be fine. You have three choices, wired ethernet, powerline or wireless. Wired would be the most straightforward, of course.

Powerline works fine for most people, but some have house wiring which may not be compatible. You need two adapters, one connects to the router and the other to the DVR. Directv sells these for $25 each.

Wireless would require a wireless-ethernet bridge or wireless gaming adapter. The DVR software will allow setup of a Linksys WGA600N via the setup screen. For other models you need to connect it to a computer first to set it up. Directv sells the WGA600N for $80, which is probably less than you can find it for elsewhere. USB-wireless adapters will not work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts