HELP! Signal Strength and Transponders Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

octpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2005
Need some helps guys! (sorry if this is too long) Last night I lost the my signal to the 129 Bird on my 211 and 811. After checking things out I noticed that the signal strength was 40-47 when looking at the 129. I know generally the signal strength is low for that one 60-65 max for me at least. I'm suspecting a foliage problem since it is spring time.

I have techs coming over tomorrow but that's not my issue. When I was on the phone with Tech Support, the Tech was making me switch transponders. She told to go to transponder 23 to see what kind of signal I was getting. Of course it was 0-40%. Now it's STUCK on that transponder and I can't get anything on the 129. I was mucking around later in the evening and noticed that transponder 9-11 was giving me a locked signal of 60% again, but no matter what I do my STB will not stay with that transponder. It continues LOOKING for 129 @ 23 Is this something that Dish controls from a remote location? Did the Tech do something? Does it sporadically look for transponders? I'm not an expert when it comes to this but it's not cool considering that I could very well have been watching Monsters last night had it stayed on the transponder I tried assigning it to. I just need a little educating from the Big Dogs. I've already learned so much from everyone here and I appreciate it greatly. :hungry: :hungry:

Ditto bro, run search and read another post on this.

Same happened to me. Still no luck max signal on TP13 is like 50% now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)