HELP! Signal Strength and Transponders Question

octpro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2005
Need some helps guys! (sorry if this is too long) Last night I lost the my signal to the 129 Bird on my 211 and 811. After checking things out I noticed that the signal strength was 40-47 when looking at the 129. I know generally the signal strength is low for that one 60-65 max for me at least. I'm suspecting a foliage problem since it is spring time.

I have techs coming over tomorrow but that's not my issue. When I was on the phone with Tech Support, the Tech was making me switch transponders. She told to go to transponder 23 to see what kind of signal I was getting. Of course it was 0-40%. Now it's STUCK on that transponder and I can't get anything on the 129. I was mucking around later in the evening and noticed that transponder 9-11 was giving me a locked signal of 60% again, but no matter what I do my STB will not stay with that transponder. It continues LOOKING for 129 @ 23 Is this something that Dish controls from a remote location? Did the Tech do something? Does it sporadically look for transponders? I'm not an expert when it comes to this but it's not cool considering that I could very well have been watching Monsters last night had it stayed on the transponder I tried assigning it to. I just need a little educating from the Big Dogs. I've already learned so much from everyone here and I appreciate it greatly. :hungry: :hungry:

Ditto bro, run search and read another post on this.

Same happened to me. Still no luck max signal on TP13 is like 50% now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)