Help, Tv2 from VIP 622 lost in Twilight Zone

tarheel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Southeastern NC
My TV2 output will only show something like an advert. Message playing over E programing says this is why I need this TV and proceeds to demonstrate some of the features. I can't change anything with my remote, can,t even turn it off. I tried a reboot but didn't work.

It could be that your remote is not on the same code as the TV2. Be sure you have the TV2 remote and press the "info" button 2x (the button on the receiver behind right panel door). It should show you the remote code it is currently set on. Then change the remote code to match.

Grab both remotes. Go to tv1. Using tv1 remote hit 6,1,3. Choose yes if a box pops up. On tv2 remote hold down sat button until all modes light up. Press 1,5,#. Wait for it to stop blinking and then press record two or three times. Press the select button on tv2 remote and you should see the blue #2 on the screen blink. Use tv1 remote to exit out and then go try tv2 remote at the location

tarheel said:
My TV2 output will only show something like an advert. Message playing over E programing says this is why I need this TV and proceeds to demonstrate some of the features. I can't change anything with my remote, can,t even turn it off. I tried a reboot but didn't work.

I've seen TV's in the store doing this. It's the TV not the Dish receiver. There has to be a menu on the TV to turn it off.

Thank you for trying to help me.

I tried the 2 suggestions, didn't work. The first when I punch 613 all I get is a subscription channel I don't have. I tried in menu and got system info. The second one when I punch in info 2x I got program info. As for suggestion in could be a demo loop, the tv is a kitchen tv about 15 yrs. old and I doubt it has a demo loop. I know tv is old but my grandchildren watch cartoons & DVR'd programs when they eat. If I tried doing it wrong please let me know. Question, is DVR'd a word? Again, thanks for the trouble, James....tarheel

You mentioned that you were able to get unto the System Info screen, it's on this screen you would do what vash1090 suggested and choose yes if a box pops up. Hold down sat button on the TV2 remote until all modes light up then press the numbers 1,5 then #. Wait for it to stop blinking (about 3 times) and then press record three times. Press the select button on tv2 remote and you should see the blue #2 on the screen blink. Exit out of the System Info screen with the TV1 remote and test the TV2 remote.

Think you maybe right about the demo loop. I thought because it's an old tv that was probably not it but when the tv was connected to a VIP 211 receiver in a bedroom it still has the same problem. During the process I have gotten my remote out of whack so I'm going to try what vash1090 suggested. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)