Odd Guide Data...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GNASH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Between Kalamazoo & GR. MI
Hey all,

We are noticing some odd guide data on our 722k and wondering if others are as well. Here goes.

On our local CBS, WWMT, the OTA Channel is showing guide data including Episode # and Orig. Air Dates for today. On the Sat Channel, we are getting Episode N/A and Air Date of N/A. The same thing is happening for Tuesday (1/18/11).

It also is NOT recording them like it normally does when there is bad guide data.

Just wondering if others are seeing this for today and tomorrow or is this just us (or just West Michigan)???

Thanks,
Geoff

There is a known issue with 211k/222k/722k's (all the "k" receivers I suppose) where some of the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) info is incorrect. We are looking into this further, but for you to help us would you be able to tell me:

• Does the issue occur on both TV1 and TV2?
  • Does the issue occur when accessing the EPG using the front panel buttons? If so, does the issue occur when accessing the EPG through the receiver menu (MENU – 1)?
  • Does the issue occur after changing the remote address?
  • Does the issue occur after removing and reinserting the remote batteries?
Also if you don't mind PM'ing your account number or phone number, I can escalate this.

There is a known issue with 211k/222k/722k's (all the "k" receivers I suppose) where some of the Electronic Program Guide (EPG) info is incorrect. We are looking into this further, but for you to help us would you be able to tell me:

• Does the issue occur on both TV1 and TV2?
  • Does the issue occur when accessing the EPG using the front panel buttons? If so, does the issue occur when accessing the EPG through the receiver menu (MENU – 1)?
  • Does the issue occur after changing the remote address?
  • Does the issue occur after removing and reinserting the remote batteries?
Also if you don't mind PM'ing your account number or phone number, I can escalate this.

Matt,

[*]Does the issue occur on both TV1 and TV2?

The Issue does occur on both TV1 and TV2. It is only for the HD Channel of WWMT (Channel 3), not the OTA or the SD Channel.

[*]Does the issue occur when accessing the EPG using the front panel buttons? If so, does the issue occur when accessing the EPG through the receiver menu (MENU – 1)?

I tried it using the button on the remote initially (was alerted because it did not record a couple shows that we normally record) and then tried it through the front panel and am seeing the same bad data.

[*]Does the issue occur after changing the remote address?

I have not tried changing the remote address (and don't believe this will fix it and would prefer not to change the address as we have a Harmony One Universal Remote and it works and I don't want to mess the remotes up). If I need to try it, I will, but it appears to be isolated fairly well and fixing itself in the next couple days (as far as the channel issues). Let me know if you definitely need me to try it.

[*]Does the issue occur after removing and reinserting the remote batteries?

We are using a Harmony Remote. I tried the Sat Remote and it is the same thing. I tried removing the batteries and it does the same thing. Hope that helps. Let me know if you need any more info.

Geoff

See above for answers.
Geoff

Known channel 3 problem. They have had problems for months now. Try reseting the receiver if that doesnt work u basically have to wait for it to fix itself. It's not just dish that has the problem dtv cable r also having the problem and my dish receivers r doing the same thing

Known channel 3 problem. They have had problems for months now. Try reseting the receiver if that doesnt work u basically have to wait for it to fix itself. It's not just dish that has the problem dtv cable r also having the problem and my dish receivers r doing the same thing

Yep, looks like it was taken off our known issue list.

It shouldn't of been it hasn't been fixed. Can u tell what kind of dish he has. Seems that wa is better than ea. But the problem does still exist

We are on WA and today was the first time we noticed it. Also, our issue is only the EPG Data on the High Def Sat Channel, not the OTA Guide Data or the Standard Def Guide Data.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts