Dish Remote Access Trouble - "Your DISH DVR does not appear to be online"

mitchfx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
I'm having trouble with the Remote Access setup not seeing my vip622 dvr as online. On the sling page after logging in, When I enter the receiver ID and hit next I get the message on the next screen of "Your DISH DVR does not appear to be online." However, a check of the broadband connection shows Connection Status "Connected Online" and all systems show ok. I've tried it several times and have made sure the DVR is on, the receiver ID is correct and my internet connection is working, etc. I've power cycled the dvr and my router.

I'm not sure if this is related, but my 622 does NOT show up in "my equipment" under my online account. One dish rep told me this is normal since its owned outright and not leased. However, my 2nd receiver (vip211) which is leased shows up. This 622 is a replacement for one that had a hard drive failure and was installed about 4 days ago. I'm not sure if my old 622 showed up under my account since I never tried to use DRA and didn't have it hooked up to broadband.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
M

I think this may be at the root of my problem. One thing to note is that I ordered a free upgrade to the 722 which should arrive next week. Maybe after hooking that up things will sort out automagically. Fingers crossed.

TonyT@DISH Network was able to correct the glitch in my account that caused the 622 to not show up. All is right in DRA land now! Thanks Tony!

-M

My dra almost always tells me that my 722 is not connected to a bb connection. Under my equipment, it shows I have the rcvr...which I do, but it will say that it is not connected to a bb connection. If I leave the app open for a min or so, it will eventually connect. At that time, my account will update saying my rcvr is connected. haha.

So much for this STBH check-up that is supposed to happen.

Hi Tony. M722 is connected with home plug, and my rec says im connected.Yet when i go online i can contol the dvr grid , yet i cant watch any dish programs on my computer. Harv

Harv, it sounds like there may be a key element here that is missing. Do you have a Sling adapter, or just the homeplug (aka Slinglink adapter)? In order to view TV from your computer, you must have either the Sling Box, the Sling Adapter (limited right now to the 722/k only), or some other media streaming network device to get it to work (as I believe DLink had one sometime ago, and it may be still available). DRA will show the grid, but without the Sling Adapter ($99 through DISH directly, pricing elsewhere may vary) it will not work.

Last edited:
I have to give TonyT some props out here for a job well done. This is how a great Dish rep should act. Like a human who really seems to want to help. Thanks for a job well done.

Ok, I can't take it any longer, I'm ignorant - WHAT ARE PROPS?

I believe I know what it means, but what is the derivation?

I have not heard or read any downside to doing it that way. The only consideration I would make is "dirty power" may slow down the transfer, but to be honest I have not heard of any problems this way.

Tony:
I see this all the time with my main dvr as well. It shows connected on the screens, but yellow in the DRA app on my Android (Sprint Epid).

I'll PM you my Telephone #.

Tony I also have the problem using android app. I am very much connected as I can search dish cinema but can't use remote app. I have however found out if I hit the back button on my phone while in the app it will show my recorded shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)