Help using AIM Meter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My Mom can watch the evening news again--your help is very appreciated!

Mid 90's and higher for the most part. The AIM meter lets you do an EIV test that basically confirms the aiming process was done right (and gets the installer off the hook should future issues arise--at least that's what I've read). I did said test and passed with flying colors.

It was interesting though, I tried to help aim a neighbor's unit with the exact same equipment (dish and lnb) and while I could peak the signal on 101, it wouldn't "lock" on a satellite. Based on what I've read, this means I wasn't hitting a Directv satellite. I tried fussing with the elevation and tilt as well but couldn't get it. Not sure it it's an equipment issue or what is going on. There are some trees that could be in the path but I don't think they are an issue. He has the old round directv dish mounted right next to the dish I was playing with and it works just fine (so i'm guessing the trees aren't the issue but happy to be wrong). I can start a new thread on this if helpful.

Status
Please reply by conversation.