Help w/ Echostar 3 in South America

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dssfree

Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
:rolleyes: Hi! I lived in Brazil and was just wondering if someone could shed a light here!

I have many english channels on C-band, but my wife, is a local religious leader, and interested in the religious english channels from the US.

My new FTA system: (not installed yet) Pansat 2800, 1.20 cm Dish, and QPH 301 Invacom Quad Polar LNB (CP LP)

I was wondering if i could get the Echostar 3/Rainbow Bird at 61,5 W
since we are able to catch Amazon at 61.0 W here in Manaus, Amazonas

My location: City: Manaus
State: AM, Brazil
Latitude: 3.10
Longitude 60.03

On the sat calculator am using, just gave me:
Echostar 3 - 61.5 Ku Band - Elevation 85.96 - Azimuth 348.10

Some other sats i've tried to get orientation details, said "above horizon" (impossible to get them)

Could i just get this bird like that, or it's there anything else i need to do?

Thanks
;)

I seriously doubt that you'll be able to get signal from this satellite. It's set up for CONUS coverage and Brazil's just too far to the south.

DSSfree when did you move to brazil? You other post back in Sept said you were in Florida.

Anyways like cheebs said, I don't think there is anything pointed at brazil from echo 3 and not a whole lot of FTA stuff. What channels were you thinking you could get?

DSSfree when did you move to brazil? You other post back in Sept said you were in Florida.

Anyways like cheebs said, I don't think there is anything pointed at brazil from echo 3 and not a whole lot of FTA stuff. What channels were you thinking you could get?

Religious + 61.5 = Sky Angel, no?

All rigth, yep, i had my doubts, and i wanted to check w/ you guys, thanks, and yes my life is divided between Brazil and Florida, and believe me, actually i am enjoying what this part of the continent has to offer FTA related, Yes SkyAngel i believe it's the one she's interested, but i guess i should probably start looking somewhere else,
Anyway, Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)