Help w/multi-switch antenna hook-up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

carlosvic

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
I recently installed a 5x8 multi-switch and satellite is working fine.

I am having trouble with the OTA feed thru the multi-swith. I am using a rooftop antenna and running the coax to the multi-switch. I have a diplexer connected off of the cable at the receiver with the splits running to a Mitsubishi HD5. I run the scan function on my receiver and the scan shows plenty of channel options. However, when I tune to the channel I am getting no pic. The menu and guide show all the right programming, time, etc. but no pic.

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey bud, I had same problem. The answer is your multiswitch is degrading your signal. It's splitting it too much regardless of just your one diplexor on the other end. Answer: purchase another diplexor and put it on the other side of the multiswitch.

Sat Dish-->Multiswitch-->diplexor-->single line feed to mits-->diplexor on the other end.

Works for me.
later

Help w multi-switch/antenna hookup

carlosvic said:
I recently installed a 5x8 multi-switch and satellite is working fine.

I am having trouble with the OTA feed thru the multi-swith. I am using a rooftop antenna and running the coax to the multi-switch. I have a diplexer connected off of the cable at the receiver with the splits running to a Mitsubishi HD5. I run the scan function on my receiver and the scan shows plenty of channel options. However, when I tune to the channel I am getting no pic. The menu and guide show all the right programming, time, etc. but no pic.

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Here are some possible causes of your problem:

1. Is the antenna plugged into the right port on the switch?

2. Is the antenna side of the diplexer plugged into the correct input on the back of the receiver?

3. To test the diplexer, just bypass the receiver with the OTA output from the diplexer and plug it directly into the RF input on the back of the TV and see if you get a signal that way. If you do, then something is wrong with the OTA output on the receiver.

Hope these help!

Thanks for the input.

I moved the diplexer outside and combined the lines and am now running the signal through the satellite input. I now have an OTA signal!]

Thanks again

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts