Help w/ Pointing 3 LNB Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wldlif7

Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
Bedford, VA
All,
I would appreciate any kind of input on what I may be doing wrong. I have a single LNB dish at this time w/ Directv w/ a strong signal. When I go to put in a new 3 LNB Dish I can not find the signal at all! I am in 24523 zip code and can only find the 3 settings from my setup on the tv screen. The azimuth and the angle are the same as what I have my present dish at w/ 56.5 tilt. The settings though for the present single lnb dish from the directv web site are actuall not the same as what I have it set at. So I am going by what I have at home. Is there some where else I should or could get my settings? Maybe I am not using the correct ones or just not sure how to point the 3 LNB dish since it is tilted.

Thanks for any input
Dave :confused:

Settings are:

AZ: 233
EL: 35
TL: 57

Make sure your receiver is set for the 3 LNB dish.
Is your dish the new PhaseIII with built-in switch or the older type?
What model receiver are you using?

Make sure the mount is 1000% level and plumb!
Set the tilt first and snug it down.
Use your compass get your 233 degree starting point.

i just got one of the new PhaseIII dish's and i had alittle probly getting the singal to come in but i got a friend to come over that had a compass and found it right away

Then yes its a phase III dish. My recommendation is whats been stated already, check your receiver to be sure its configured for the "oval 3" dish. (although you should get a signal off the 101 even if its not config'd right.) Other than that. Use a compass. Don't forget the compass. Patience if you haven't done this before. A good friend to talk to while you fiddle with the dish for a while. And a compass, use it.

charper1,

Just wanted to say thanks for your help. I am all over the 90's on signal now and just have to decide on what receiver I want to go with now.

Thanks!

HD or regular?

I prefer the LG LSS-3200a for HD and the most of the new receivers are nice for non-HD. I have read that aftermarket companies are getting out of the branded receivers and the D* is taking it over. You can find some great deal from mail order and online dealers (check their reputation) even ebay (also, check their rep).

gf was nice enough to get me the lg lst-4200a and love it. i have had it running for 3 days and still trying to get things right but a awesome piece of gear.

That gf is a keeper!! I wish my wife would buy me new toys but she wouldn't have a clue on HD equipment. :)

Dave, welcome to Satelliteguys!!

The LG LST-4200A? Is that the OTA HD only box? I saw one of those for $229 the other day; wish my wife would have bought me my gear!

charper1 said:
HD or regular?

I prefer the LG LSS-3200a for HD and the most of the new receivers are nice for non-HD. I have read that aftermarket companies are getting out of the branded receivers and the D* is taking it over. You can find some great deal from mail order and online dealers (check their reputation) even ebay (also, check their rep).

I found a LG LSS-3200a for around $535.00. Is it that much better than the RCA DTC210 for $300.00? I bought a Samsung 360 and I am not happy with it. I guess coming from an RCA previously I was used to the interface of the RCA and do not care for the Samsung interface.

Just looking for input from anyone that has these units that can give me plus & minus input.

Thanks!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)