Help with 622 installation

Strikeldr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Riverside, CA
Can someone please give me some insight on what the problem is?

I have a Dish 1000, which sees the 110, 119 and 129 birds. The dish connects to a DP34 that feeds two 211's. Two outputs on the DP34 were open.

I connected a 622 by running a new length of Dual RG6 (through three different level attics) and connected it to the open ports on the DP34.

I called tech support to activate (waited 1 hr 15 min to get through), but when I had them on the line, I could not do the phone check, so after it was activated and I hung up, I did that and then ran a check switch. That is where the problems started.

The check switch repeatedly shows an error with the switch or with the connections. Input 1 on the 622 only sees 119, while input 2 sees 110, 119, and 129. I checked all the connections multiple times, tried all the inputs on the DP34, and even put new compression fittings on, all to no avail. No matter what I do, one of the inputs on the 622 only sees 119, while the other input sees all three birds.

I tried calling tech support back, but after two hours on hold, I gave up.

This started as a very simple project, but has turned into a nightmare. Somebody please help!!!

You say you ran "a new length of RG6". Hopefully you actually ran two as you cannot use just one cable with a DP34. If you are trying to use a single run with the included separator, then the configuration will fail. Your setup is a little unclear.

Also - switch the cabes around on the 611 and see if the problem follows to the other tuner. Might be a bad switch.

I found the problem. Turned out to be a bad piece of cable.

I ran a new Dual cable and it works fine. Tested the original cable I used on a 211 and one side was bad. To confirm, I changed the fittings and it still did not work. This is brand new Perfect Vision cable with no kinks or visual damage. I guess this piece was just bad. Thanks for the input!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts