Help with 622 installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Strikeldr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Riverside, CA
Can someone please give me some insight on what the problem is?

I have a Dish 1000, which sees the 110, 119 and 129 birds. The dish connects to a DP34 that feeds two 211's. Two outputs on the DP34 were open.

I connected a 622 by running a new length of Dual RG6 (through three different level attics) and connected it to the open ports on the DP34.

I called tech support to activate (waited 1 hr 15 min to get through), but when I had them on the line, I could not do the phone check, so after it was activated and I hung up, I did that and then ran a check switch. That is where the problems started.

The check switch repeatedly shows an error with the switch or with the connections. Input 1 on the 622 only sees 119, while input 2 sees 110, 119, and 129. I checked all the connections multiple times, tried all the inputs on the DP34, and even put new compression fittings on, all to no avail. No matter what I do, one of the inputs on the 622 only sees 119, while the other input sees all three birds.

I tried calling tech support back, but after two hours on hold, I gave up.

This started as a very simple project, but has turned into a nightmare. Somebody please help!!!

You say you ran "a new length of RG6". Hopefully you actually ran two as you cannot use just one cable with a DP34. If you are trying to use a single run with the included separator, then the configuration will fail. Your setup is a little unclear.

Also - switch the cabes around on the 611 and see if the problem follows to the other tuner. Might be a bad switch.

I found the problem. Turned out to be a bad piece of cable.

I ran a new Dual cable and it works fine. Tested the original cable I used on a 211 and one side was bad. To confirm, I changed the fittings and it still did not work. This is brand new Perfect Vision cable with no kinks or visual damage. I guess this piece was just bad. Thanks for the input!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)