Help with 811 and OTA..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mothergoose45

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
I want to get an 811 but I don't know if I can recieve HD OTA channels where I am. I live in Lexington Ky. I looked at antennaweb.org but I want to be sure that I can receive them where I am and exactly what channels are avail.. My zip is 40517. Also if I can I don't have a clue what antenna would be the best for my location. Anyone care to try and help?

you seem to be within 20 miles at worst from all your locals. You can get away with an indoor antenna.

someone here can point you to one of those silver sensor thingys.

A lot depends upon the lay out of your home. Are you on a hill? In a valley? Have large trees surrounding you? Multi-story?

* red - vhf WKYT-DT 13.1 CBS Lexington KY 55° 6.0 13
* red - uhf WLEX-DT 39 NBC Lexington KY Awaiting FCC Permit 60° 6.2 39
* violet - uhf WKLE-DT 46.1 PBS Lexington KY 134° 11.4 42
* violet - uhf WTVQ-DT 36.1 ABC LEXINGTON KY 60° 6.2 40
You have 1 VHF. You could get by with a Radio Shack http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_003_001_002_000&product_id=15-2160 or http://www.antennasdirect.com/ShortRangeAntennas.htm

I ahte to dredge... but im having a hard time picking up WKYT OTA i live in frankfort about 26 miles away. I can recieve the channel in the tower next to WKYT which is 36.1 and .2 but if i try WKYT 13.1 and upn .2 I fenagle with my antenna and can grab a 49% very occasionally. I have the Zenith Silver Sensor... wil lit not work with the VHF 13.1 and .2 if not what antenna do you guys recommend. I get 36.1 and .2 no less than 75%

ShadowEKU said:
I ahte to dredge... but im having a hard time picking up WKYT OTA i live in frankfort about 26 miles away. I can recieve the channel in the tower next to WKYT which is 36.1 and .2 but if i try WKYT 13.1 and upn .2 I fenagle with my antenna and can grab a 49% very occasionally. I have the Zenith Silver Sensor... wil lit not work with the VHF 13.1 and .2 if not what antenna do you guys recommend. I get 36.1 and .2 no less than 75%
I recomend an outdoor antenna with a rotor.

Hey EKU I live in the northern part of Ky.,my DMA is Cincinnati,I use one of those Winegard Square Shooter antenna`s and I cant say enough good things about the reception on that.I live between 15-25 miles from all the big 4 towers here and they all come in very well.I put it in the attic first do to the fact I have HOA{Home Owners Assc.}rules/reg.`s.But I moved it outdoors to the roof since no one can see the back of my yard/house anyway.But regardless it worked great where ever I put it.Might want to give that try.In fact a friend of mind who resides in Richmond is the one who told me about this model,he uses it for all the Lex. stations.

Winegard Info Site

Ive pretty well come to the conclusion that the silver sensor wont pick up any VHF channels. I can pick up channel 3 on the TV completely without an antenna because its so strong in this area but if i hook the silver sensor up to it the signal dies. i tried rabbit ears and channel 3 came in jsut fine but i cant pick up the digital... 13.1 and .2 no biggie ill buy an indoor vhf/uhf hdtv antenna. Lesson learned. but the silver sensor works great for the UHF digitals though.

thanks guys... i must be doing something wrong... not sure what yet... its not rocket science to get OTA... maybe ill jsut get a big outdoor antenna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)