Help With A 4K Joey!

N7Soraya

Original poster
May 20, 2024
United States
I have a Hopper 3 system with 3 4K Joeys. Two of the 4K Joeys are used and I had it authorized on my system. That 4K Joey will not show some channels that all the other 4k Joeys have access to. The other 2 4K joeys have no issues getting all my channels. I have no parental controls set on my Hopper 3 and never have enabled them. The reason I say this is if I tune my hopper 3 to a channel that this particular 4k Joey doesn't show in it's list of channels and try to join it says locked event and asks for a parental code I am dumbfounded. Talking to dish was useless as always. I can do this with all the other two joeys the new and other used one with no issues event is not locked no message saying to enter a passcode for parental controls pops up. It only happens on this one particular 4k joey.

I have a Hopper 3 system with 3 4K Joeys. Two of the 4K Joeys are used and I had it authorized on my system. That 4K Joey will not show some channels that all the other 4k Joeys have access to. The other 2 4K joeys have no issues getting all my channels. I have no parental controls set on my Hopper 3 and never have enabled them. The reason I say this is if I tune my hopper 3 to a channel that this particular 4k Joey doesn't show in it's list of channels and try to join it says locked event and asks for a parental code I am dumbfounded. Talking to dish was useless as always. I can do this with all the other two joeys the new and other used one with no issues event is not locked no message saying to enter a passcode for parental controls pops up. It only happens on this one particular 4k joey.
Exactly which Joeys do you have? There are 4K Joeys and there are Joey 4s. The 4K Joey does not play well with the current HDR broadcasts that Dish carries for 4K content. The Joey 4's do receive and output the 4K HDR content from the Hopper. May we presume the missing channels are the 540's?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Exactly which Joeys do you have? There are 4K Joeys and there are Joey 4s. The 4K Joey does not play well with the current HDR broadcasts that Dish carries for 4K content. The Joey 4's do receive and output the 4K HDR content from the Hopper. May we presume the missing channels are the 540's?
I have 4K Joeys I appreciate your response but it is now fixed thank the lord. The call to dish was not useless afterall the default parental code is 0000 on the 4K Joey that had channels blocked. After a reauthorization of the 4K Joey the code was reset and now I was able to get in and 134 channels were blocked. lol So now that is fixed. Thanks for your reply! The default code would never work after a reset of the 4K Joey a reauthorization had to be done to clear it completely cause I guess the older user code was stuck cause in memory cause it was used. Yeah I know about the 4K Joeys not playing nice with HDR content the only way I can watch it is with the glitch someone on here or I saw on another forum. Off the hopper 3 record the HDR event and join it from the 4K Joey that is connected to a 4K HDR TV. The last event I did this glitch on was the Super Bowl this past Feb haven't watched anything since then in 4k really. I hope that glitch still works if I ever need to watch something in 4K again.

Been with dish for 12 years - needed faster hardware!

Hopper 3 Cooling fan