Help with caller ID

Cyre

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
For some reason, my caller id is not working on my receiver. I have it turned on in the user menu, I do have caller id with the phone company, as my phones display the caller id. I have it hooked up to a phone jack. I did notice in the installers menu, that the box for reciever activation is not check marked like the others. Could this be the problem? I thought the new software upgrade would fix my problem, but it has not.... Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cyre said:
I did notice in the installers menu, that the box for reciever activation is not check marked like the others. Could this be the problem?
No, I don't think so. That check box is only checked if the activation was done through the box (via modem). In most cases it is done over the phone. Mine is not checked either, but the CallerID works just fine. Might be a defective modem or bad connection. Try unplugging the box and plugging it back in.

Thanks..

How can I tell if its a bad modem?

There is a modem diagnostics in the hidden service menu (see the FAQ for instructions), though it's been too long since I tried it, so I am not sure how this diagnostics is supposed to work in the latest version...

Thanks, I will check it out tonight when i get home.....

Ilya said:
There is a modem diagnostics in the hidden service menu (see the FAQ for instructions)...

I had talked to Voom about this diagnostic at one time when I was having problems with my stb. According to the service tech, the modem diagnostic currently will always fail because it is designed to test eventual dial up access for activating the boxes rather than having to call into Voom for activation. It doesn't test the actual functioning of the modem for other purposes.

Ok, thanks for clarification Scott. May be I'll give it a try when I get a chance just to see if it tells you whether the modem is dead or not...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)