Help with chaparral LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rdel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2005
Hi Guys
Can someone tell me the difference between a corotor and the corotor II lnb?
I have a chaparral corotor ( or C II ) I'm going to sell but I don't know the difference
for listing. I'm unloading my c-band dish for a mini c-band ( I allready have the dish) and I'm looking to get a bsc621 to play with.
Thanks Guys
rdel

Corotor is a type of feedhorn, it's not an LNB, but the LNBs do attach to it.

The Corotor has a single port for one C-band LNB.

The Corotor-II has two ports for both a C and Ku-band LNBs.

Both types of Corotor feedhorns use a polarotor servo motor (the blue box mounted on top) to set polarity.

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--

Thanks AWH
It's a corotor II with both ku and C band hookup,
rdel

awh said:
Corotor is a type of feedhorn, it's not an LNB, but the LNBs do attach to it.

The Corotor has a single port for one C-band LNB.

The Corotor-II has two ports for both a C and Ku-band LNBs.

Both types of Corotor feedhorns use a polarotor servo motor (the blue box mounted on top) to set polarity.

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--
Actually, the corotor is the older version of the C/Ku feed. The polarotor is the C-band only feed.

Lynskyn said:
Actually, the corotor is the older version of the C/Ku feed. The polarotor is the C-band only feed.

I believe you're both correct in a way. The servo motor used to adjust skew/change polarity used to be refered to as a polorotor, at least that's what I've always heard it called. It looks like Chaparral has always had a feehorn under that name. Perhaps it's one of those things where the name of the company to first manufacture the product becomes it's "household" name. Can't think of a good universal example.......but one that I'm familiar with is Ski-Doo.......people talk about going "ski-dooing" when they really mean snowmobiling. Ski-doo being the name brand of the first snowmobile.

My 2cents.

Thanks Guys
AWH
I tried to download the feedxy1.gif but I couldn't get the imageshack to respond.
can you list it some where else so I may look at it.
thanks
rdel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts