Help with dish id

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tds04

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
keswick, ontario
A couple of dishes i found on my way home from work, One is a 10ft zenith that has been idle for 18 years according to the owner.
It looks in really good shape and he seems willing to part with it.

The solid dish is an unknown to me. No one was home so i didn't dare get too close.

Anyone seen this dish before? I will try to get more pics once i get in touch with the owner.

etZct_FcEZEvq674bvZxOw
etZct_FcEZEvq674bvZxOw
DSC06945.JPG
DSC06946.JPG

etZct_FcEZEvq674bvZxOw
Mg1WUEuN1YneXQBjmMuRdQ

Im pretty new to c-band so im gonna have to search for that one, but what is Cassegrain feed? is that good? i just like the look of it.

Cassegrain means the feedhorn/LNB is at the back of the dish, with a secondary reflector at the front. The Toroidal dishes people gush about are a sort of Cassegrain feed. They are slightly lossy compared to direct reflection dishes, but easier to maintain, plus the LNBs stay cooler, and there is that much less coax (which would matter for a direct LNA system).

Thank you for the info. A better description I could not find.

Now I hope the weather will cooperate and the owner of either dish will let it go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts