Help with Dish Remote Access Android App Not Working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

db2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
MN
Receiver: ViP622
Slingbox: SOLO
Phone: Evo 4G Shift

I downloaded the Dish Remote access App and I am able to "find" my 622 receiver and I can see a list of all the DVR events I have on it. However, when i go to watch live tv or any of my dvr events it asks me for my slingbox password (which I enter) and then it says "Connecting to Living Room" and then after a while the "Connecting to Living Room" message goes away and I'm left with a black screen except for the "Cancel" button at the bottom. I'm not getting any sound or video on my screen.

I thought it might be my router settings so I went through the "Connecting your slingbox to watch TV over the internet" tutorial and made sure my router had port forwarding to my slingbox enabled. Still no change in my problem.

Any idea what might be wrong and what I have to do to fix?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

db2

When I went from windows mobile to Android the Dish Remote Access (DRA) just worked without me doing anything. One of the dish reps said he thought you needed the Android Sling App ($30) to use stand-alone sling boxes. Maybe I'm lucky, that mine were already set up, but I wouldn't give up yet.

Do you have the stand-alone PC software (not the the web page). Have you set up a sling account and registered your sling solo there (such that you don't need your sling finder id's when you setup a new pc) ?

Another thought. Since you're getting a black screen, perhaps you not selecting the correct sling input.

I don't see any place to do this on the Android Side (with Dish Remote Access - The sling app might be different). I need to go look at the Dish site and see if there's a way to do it from there.

What port are you using on the solo? I'm using component.

I just looked at the dish remote site. You can go to preferences to map a sling box to a receiver, but still don't see any way to select which sling input to use.

PS: The sling Pro HD has multiple Audio & Video inputs. Mutiple devices could be remotely accessed. We really need a way to choose the sling input.

Last edited:
I'm using component on my solo. I believe I have registered my slingbox on the website but I'll double check. I know I have an account.

I just played with the input selection on my solo using the Stand-Alone PC app and it seemed to have an effect on Android Dish remote access. I believe DRA is getting the last input selected on the PC app (was getting 4:3 from composite). Also, when I picked composite many of the Android PVR command functions were disabled (I don't have the composite input defined to be a Dish PVR, on the PC the remote doesn't pop up).

From the Android I could still initiate the stream, and pick a recording to view. I wonder if these commands are getting to the PVR over Ethernet (instead of Sling IR Blaster). It's a bit convoluted since there a now two ways to get commands to the PVR.

From the Remote Access Web page. If you go to preferences/receivers, can you see your sling box mapped to the receiver ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)