Help with DishPro Plus 44 Switch with Legacy receivers

nini0000

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Hi

is anyone using Dish Pro + 44 switch with 2700, 2800, and 3900 receivers please let me know how you guys install this switch because i install this and i am geting this massage (Unknown switch and I get X in all box) so please let me know thank you

nini0000 said:
Hi

is anyone using Dish Pro + 44 switch with 2700, 2800, and 3900 receivers please let me know how you guys install this switch because i install this and i am geting this massage (Unknown switch and I get X in all box) so please let me know thank you

which dish set up are you using?

I've installed them many times with no problems - first, are you sure the dishes are sighted in correctly? Second, is there any RG-59 cable between the switch and the receiver? Will not work with RG-59. Third, is the power inserter properly installed for the first port of the switch - note that the receiver on port one (the same port for the power inserter) must be DP and not legacy (all the receivers you listed are legacy). Forth, are all the receivers coming up with the same errors, or is it just one of them?

There are other things to check, but these are some basics to look at first...

farmsatguy said:
I've installed them many times with no problems - first, are you sure the dishes are sighted in correctly? Second, is there any RG-59 cable between the switch and the receiver? Will not work with RG-59. Third, is the power inserter properly installed for the first port of the switch - note that the receiver on port one (the same port for the power inserter) must be DP and not legacy (all the receivers you listed are legacy). Forth, are all the receivers coming up with the same errors, or is it just one of them?

Hi Farmsatguy

1. yes my dish are sighted in correctly
2. No i have RG-6 cable for everthing.
3. yes power inserter properly installed in first port. (i don't have any DP receivers)
4.yes all the receivers coming up with the same errors.

so can you please help me with this Legacy Receivers i do not have any DP receiver i thought that this Dp + 44 sw work with all receiver so please let me know if i need all DP receiver with this SW or just one Dp receiver i need in order to work.

thank you

The switch does work with MOST all receivers, but the catch with legacy equipment is that the receiver on port one must be DP (such as a 301); one you have a DP receiver on port one, the other receivers will/should work fine on ports 2, 3, and 4 without doing anything further. If you have a friend with a DP receiver, you should be able to test this out quickly by putting their receiver on port one with the power inserter. Then check switch the others to make sure they're now seeing the birds in the sky.

farmsatguy said:
The switch does work with MOST all receivers, but the catch with legacy equipment is that the receiver on port one must be DP (such as a 301); one you have a DP receiver on port one, the other receivers will/should work fine on ports 2, 3, and 4 without doing anything further. If you have a friend with a DP receiver, you should be able to test this out quickly by putting their receiver on port one with the power inserter. Then check switch the others to make sure they're now seeing the birds in the sky.

Hi farmsatguy

thank you for your reply. i will get a DP receiver from my friend and i am going to try that see if it work i let you know.

thank you

farmsatguy said:

Hi Farmsatguy

i do have RG-59 cable from LNBF to Switch so please let me know if this make any Difference in installtion

thank you

RG-59 can't handle the DishPro high-band.

It WILL matter on the LNB-to-DPP44 feed lines, no way around making that cable the good stuff (2150MHz or better RG-6).

HOWEVER, there's a chance that it won't matter on a switch-to-Legacy port - Legacy doesn't use high-band.

farmsatguy said:

Hi Farmsatguy

i got 301 from my friend and i hook this receiver on port one and i hook my legacy receivers in port 2 and 3 then i checked switch on all three receivers and the DP receiver(301) detect DPP44 SWITCH but my other two receiver(Legacy) did not detect anything and i got this massage (Unknown switch and I get X in all box) so can you please tell me what's going on here and i even have the latest sofware version 830 on my bought legacy receiver please let me know thank you

thankk you

If you haven't already done it, make sure that you have removed ALL power from ALL devices. Then clear the receiver's switch matrixes by running a check switch with NO satellite connection, pull power, run Check Switch AGAIN, then hook it up and see what happens.

Good luck.

SimpleSimon said:
If you haven't already done it, make sure that you have removed ALL power from ALL devices. Then clear the receiver's switch matrixes by running a check switch with NO satellite connection, pull power, run Check Switch AGAIN, then hook it up and see what happens.

Good luck.

HI Simple Simon

i did Exactly what you have wrote and i am having same problem with legacy receivers. please let me know if some thing with software or what.
thank you

Have you replaced the RG-59 from the LNBFs?

In most installations, you'll get partial setup when using it, but maybe the DPP44 is fussier, and just can't deal with it at all?

Or did the 301 receiver Check Switch see EVERYTHING (not just the switch)?

hi guys

i like to thanks everyone who have help me with this problem. thank you very much.

thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)