Help with EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I need to add a 2nd EHD to my hopper. And I've pretty much decided on the 2TB WD My Book. But Amazon shows two different units and I can't tell the difference. Does anyone know?

WDBFJK0020HBK-NESN, the Amazon picture shows it coming in a blue box. And description says "My Book desktop external hard drive-USB 3.0"

WDBACW0020HBK-NESN, the Amazon picture shows a green box with the words My Book Essential. The description says "My Book External hard drive storage USB 3.0"

Now the obvious difference in descriptions is one says desktop external drive and the other just says external drive. But that doesn't really mean anything to me. So what's the difference?

Looking at the products, the first one doesn't say anything about an AC adapter while the second one does. The Dish supported requirements for an EHD is that is self powered. I'd look at the second one before the first.

That makes sense. Although it's still available on Amazon for a few dollars more than the other unit.

Probably an older drive inside. Doubt you'd notice any difference in this application.

Maybe if you often move 100s of GB to/from the drive at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)