Help with H20-100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sandy222

Original poster
Apr 1, 2007
I recently purchased an H20-100 I called to activate it and after 4 hits it won't activate. I have been reading thru the forums and have tried a few things. I did a manual update with the o2468 and it says found new software but after waiting till it says 4/199/30 it says error in downloading please reset to try again. I have hard booted soft booted but nothing works. Does anyone know how to get this receiver activated or anything I can try. How can I get it to activate and not say call ext 711. Thank you for your time

What kind of signal are you getting on the H20? What dish are you using? Do you have other receivers connected and working?

One other receiver it gets 96 on a triple line lnb (it is an older hughes) The h20 brings in a signal 60-74

One other receiver it gets 96 on a triple line lnb (it is an older hughes) The h20 brings in a signal 60-74

The H20 will show lower signals than the other receivers even though the signal strength is the same.

Why does the H20 show those lower signals? I thought I was seeing things!

I think its because the Spaceway Sats broadcast in the Ka band. This band is more prone to weather interference so it has to be broadcast with more power to make up for it. The H20 is calibrated to this higher power so the other satellites which broadcast in the Ku band get a lower signal strength on the H20 meter. That is my understanding, but I could be wrong of course.

Interestingly, while I was observing my installer while placing my AT-9 with my HR20-700....
He said his signal was 68-75 approx and that , that was the best he normally could come up with. I told him I wanted his best job for the signal strengh.
When we went inside and activated the HR20-700, the signals were all in the 90's, so I don't know if the H-20 reads the way the birddog does and the others read higher, not sure why that is, but it worked. There must be something in the recievers that adjust the signal when it gets to the receiver.

Jimbo

The techs aren't aware of this because the same thing happened to me last week when I had my 5LNB installed. On the H20-600 he was only getting in the low 70's but after he left I checked it on my HR20-700 they were in the 90's except for the sat at 119 which I have site issues with.

The H20 will show lower signals than the other receivers even though the signal strength is the same.

And the H20 will give false readings on Sat 99&103. While my H20 shows zeros across the board on these, I know that I am aligned properly because my HD locals lit up 2 weeks ago. There have been other threads noting that that H20 has this error, I believe it's software related.

Status
Please reply by conversation.