Help with HD.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
I have a Samsung 30 inch HD TV, it's an older CRT type, it goes to 1080i with Component cables only, doesn't support HDMI.

My problem is that words on the side of the screen goes past the screen, I don't know if this a D* problem, a problem with my TV, if this is how it is suppose to be or if anyone knows how to fix it.

I attached some pictures, sorry they aren't better, but I think you will see what I mean.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    759.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0002a.JPG
    IMG_0002a.JPG
    595.2 KB · Views: 115
I doubt that there is a simple menu for user screen adjustment that can correct that much overscan. As suggested, you need to find out how to get unto the service menus to make those adjustments. You might want to search the AVS Forum for info about service menus.

I have the same kind of TV. You have to get into the service menu to fix the problem. Do a Google search for Samsung Service Menu. There you will find instructions how to get to the service menu.

Send me a PM if you have any problems or questions.

So, was it over scan ?

I would have said NO, I thought that the adjustment were way to much for an over scan issue ...

Jimbo

I'm really a Noob at HD, I don't know what over scan is, but I had to adjust the screen so everything fits without it looking like a trapezoid.:D

So what did you have to do to get it working correctly ?

Jimbo

I had to get into the service menu, once there I had to go to the 1080i offset, there was four settings, the H EW, H Shift, V Amp and V Shift.

At that point I just played around with those, keeping the factory defaults wrote down in case I messed up:eek:, until I found what looked good for me.

It may not be right, but it looks 100% better to me.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.