HD, OTA ,no dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rich67

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
big rapids,mi
:confused:I was thinking of upgrading to HD. but want an OTA capable HD box without DVR. Does DTV have a current box with HD and OTA HD. Do you know the model number. Thanks

H20 was the last to offer an OTA tuner built into the receiver. I believe some other posters have mentioned that these are still available at Walmart/Costco. You can now purchase the AM21 OTA tuner separately & hook that up to DTV's latest non dvr receiver H23 & receive your locals that way. It would require that you download the latest CE software (See the Cutting Edge forum).

Back in September Jimbo said his local Costco still had the H20's sitting on the shelf.

Where abouts are you in SE Michigan, I'm in Toledo area and the Costco's here in town have the HR20's still and the H20's as well. If you want, try calling D* back and see if they will credit you the cost of the HR20 from Costco.
I think the HR20's were going for $ 169 and the H20's for $ 84 if I recall.

Jimbo

Back in September Jimbo said his local Costco still had the H20's sitting on the shelf.

I haven't been in there in a while, but YES they did have them back then.
He can also order them from D and have them send a AM21 with it, tell them you NEED the AM21 for the locals and see if they will throw it in, imo it should be FREE for anyone asking, provided you have used OTA before.

Jimbo

Yea, I checked mine & all they had was the HR22 (Costco-Chicago). I would just go through DTV & ask for the AM-21 for free.

Yea, I checked mine & all they had was the HR22 (Costco-Chicago). I would just go through DTV & ask for the AM-21 for free.

You can always call and ask. I'd specifically mention that you watch a lot of channel X which is HD over the air but DirecTV doesn't carry it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)