help with hdtv....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MartyOtaku

Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
Hey guys just got DTV and got a samsung sir-ts360 .
My question is when viewing channels i get like a screen door effect?
its hooked up with component cables(no dvi on tv).I really notice it on the DTV menus I see a ghosting effect on the text.
Someone3 help please.

I have a Samsung 30 in. CRT and I also have the the Sanyo Z1 projector.
Weird thing is i see it on both???(just alot bigger on a 90 something inch screen)So I really dont think its a tv problem ....its got to be the reciever???
Again the problem is i see ghosting (is it called the screen door effect?) On HD channels its really noticeable on faces and text.
Please help.
Is it my reciever or maybe the dish?

I have a Samsung TS 360. I don't have a complaint with the picture it displays. You must have a bad one or a bad cable or something. I have a Mitsubishi 65" and use the DVI connection. But I can switch to component connection and it still looks good.

Lem52

I have read on here about people who have the TS-360 who have had issues similar to this. I would suspect the receiver itself.

If you aren't picky on brand name and you can return this one I would suggest the Hughes HTL-HD receiver.

it is not your reciever. it is your tv. your T.V. convergence is out. u need call tv service man to reset it. it usually happens if you bump, shake, or drop your tv. service call should be around $150-450, depending who u get. if i were u i'd pay top dollars and get the best man. (they will probably get the job done faster and save u money)

How can it be his TV if he has the problem on both his TV and projector??

Ya I just tested the the receiver with my Mit 50 in. and same prob....
Cables are monster cables......Is the hughes the same price?
Thanks.

I cite the box as the failed link in the chain too, providing you did not crush your monster cable. HTL-HD is nice and the same price as the sammy. FYI you asked if this was called the "screen door effect." No, ghosting is correct. The screen door effect is what you see on DLP, LCD and LCoS TV's ... it appears (when you are too close) that you are watching TV though a screen door.

Thanks so much for your help guys.
I will be returning the sammy and getting the hughes.
Thanks again.

I had an HTL-HD and it failed before 60 days passed. Directv then replaced it with the Samsung TS360. I didn't like it at first and threw a fit, but its a pretty nice reciever but not with the bells and whistles that the HTL-HD had. It is dragging in and locking on the digital stations about 80 miles away but only at night and it might be better when all these leaves fall off. The HTL wouldn't do that, and the former VOOM box wouldn't do it either.

Lem52

charper1 said:
i would invest a few more dollars and get either the Sony or LG box

Not trying to be the punk here but why in the heck would you do that? The Hughes, Sony (HD200) and LG are the same box ... Like the DVR40, they're identical other than then bezel. So there is no price break on quality, only a brand name and the same warranty.

charper1 said:
the sony, lg and zenith have much better firmware & software and much more sensative OTA tuning, is why.

On the SAME software. Sorry but I have to be the skeptic here, they are the same. I am getting a LG 3200A tomorrow, I'll test and post ... they are identical.

you will have access to the proprietary hex dumps of each makers chips? i have to be sceptical of that. i would also like to see your graphic charts of the tuner sensativity measurements from your tests.

Dude ... can't you simply say you are wrong? Everyone knows the units are electronically identical and were all made under the same roof. I think you are just sore because you're like "damn, why didn't I know this? Why did I waste my money on a brand?" :p

Not that you have any idea what I, or anyone else pays for their gear, but I got mine as a promo when I was a unit tester and it cost me ZERO (which is not the point) and I have no reason to be bias. Just because items have the same core and may be made under the roof of one factory, does NOT mean that they are the same units. This is proof you no absolutely NOTHING about outsourced manufacturing processes. Each company has specific proprietary chips that allow them to add their additional specs, software and coding, their own OTA tuner thresholds and sensitivity settings, EPG, or remote tweaks. Some have more on-board memory. I could very easily be as childish as you and go with "can't you simply admit YOU are wrong? You bought the cheapest unit that you could afford and it is YOU that is sore you didn't know any better." This isn't a pissing contest. I don't care one bit about what you think you know and don’t appreciate the bad-mouthing about my information. Post your spec and data sheets! I am passing along info to another user. If you don't like it, move along. And unless you care to post a meaningful comment, you aren’t doing anything other than trolling to get a word fight going. Since you seem to have a reason to think my info makes you look bad, I will stop my posting and allow you to continue to shell out your one-sided info based on the wal-mart poketbook method of advise. You guys enjoy his advise. See Ya!

charper, dude calm down, you need to get LAID!!!!

It's all happening....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts