Hughes HAH-SA is this a good receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelidog

Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Winterset, Ia
Hi
I'm new to this forum and I plan on changing from cable to D* sometime next week.

My setup would be a receiver, a DVR80 and a multi-sat dish. Anything HD is out of my price range for now. :(

I noticed at the Value Electronics web site that they have the Hughes Executive Director for $99 and they include a extended 2 year warranty for free. Would this receiver be worth it or would the SD HBH or D10 be the better buy.

Thanks

kelidog said:
My setup would be a receiver, a DVR80 and a multi-sat dish. Anything HD is out of my price range for now. :(

I noticed at the Value Electronics web site that they have the Hughes Executive Director for $99 and they include a extended 2 year warranty for free. Would this receiver be worth it or would the SD HBH or D10 be the better buy.

I'm not sure what pricing you mean - are you asking if the ED (HAH-SA) receiver is worth $99 MORE than what you are paying for the SD-HBH/DVR80 combo?
Not sure what you mean, but here is really the ONLY differences between the HBH & HAH receivers:

HAH adds component output (NOT HD, though) Dolby Digital output, low speed data port (for connection to standalone Tivo/Replay DVR;s), VCR IR blaster, backlit remote keypad, & a 14-day extended guide. (vs 3-day in the SD-HBH - there is another model, the HBH-SA, which has a 7-day guide, but is exactly like the SD-HBH otherwise)

If you do not need the features above, then either of the HBH receivers will work great for you - they are all great receivers. (actually better than the new D10 receivers they are starting to be replaced with)

Sorry for the confusion. I'm comparing the HAH-SA for $99.99 vs the SD-HBH or
D10 for $0. I will get the DVR no matter which I choose.

Thanks for the info dishrich. :) I will probably get the ED when I order, it
has some nice features that you won't be able to get later.

kelidog said:
Thanks for the info dishrich. :) I will probably get the ED when I order, it
has some nice features that you won't be able to get later.

This is true, which is the reason why I got one MYSELF, before they are ALL gone for good. The only thing I DON'T like about it is that it does NOT have UHF remote, but since I have UHF cones ALL over my house for the DVR's, VCR's, etc, it's not really a big deal. For channel surfing, the Hughes receivers are GREAT - there are MANY surf/guide options on these units & they are FAST!

(FYI, I don't know if their pricing has gone up on those units, but I got mine from VE for only $50 - as an EXISTING customer. I'd think you could get it for less, even WITH a DVR, since you are a new sub)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

help with hdtv....

hughes brand or direct tv brand?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)