Help with install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewim

Original poster
Aug 4, 2008
Hey guys I am trying to hook up dtv on my father in laws yacht. I am having trouble. All i have is 1 input coming into the boat. How can I hook up 2 ird's
from just one output from the dish? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• 40 foot boat tv.jpg
    40 foot boat tv.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 140
Hey guys I am trying to hook up dtv on my father in laws yacht. I am having trouble. All i have is 1 input coming into the boat. How can I hook up 2 ird's
from just one output from the dish? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Since you said in the photo that the other three connections were being used, you can either go with a SWM or a multiswitch. The multiswitch would take the 4 connections from the dish and send it out to up to 8 lines. You would then need to run a second line to the boat.

will a SWM conflict with the multiswitch that is in the lnb? I tried a WB 6x8 and had
problems with the 101 birds transponders ( i used a 4 way power pass splitter to hook it up) I would either get the odd transponders or the even.

Depending on what receivers you are using, a SWM may be an option. You would need to have newer receivers for this option. Take a look at all of the SWM threads running around these forums.

Option 2 is to make sure you tried to use the WB6x8 correctly. All 4 LNB outputs need to be connected to the switch, then you can run to the IRDs.

I agree SWM8 would be a good solution. 1 wire to the boat from the SWM8, then a splitter to each TV inside the boat. Keep in mind you need newer receivers.

Does the dish feed other boats as well at the docks?

Thanks for all the good nfo ! We have a d-10 and the main is an sony a-50. We had to use an older ird because the KVH dish is a 2000 model Tracvision3 . The dish on the dock is the guys in the slip next to us. ( I really do not want to hook the 6x8 up to his dish because if anything ever goes wrong with his dish it would probably be blamed on me)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts