Help with Internet Connectivity

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
I've got S221 on two Hoppers connected to two Joeys via the duo node. I have DSL service with the modem feeding a switch with one line feeding one Hopper. The connected Hopper has Bridging enabled and the other Hopper has Bridging Off. I know on the last SW217, I had internet connection and could get the Olympic App.

Now, on the Connected Hopper, the Broadband menu screen shows;

Home Network Connection Status: Not Connected.
DHCP Acquired: OK
Server Connection: Failed
Internet Connection: Failed

From the TEST Connection Menu, Broadband Connection is OK
From the Send Status menu, Connection says Broadband is detected and the Send Data is successful.

On the other Hopper not physically connected, nothing shows a successful connection.

Any suggestions? I should not have to pursue a HIC to get this to work. Any ideas or suggestions?

Never mind. RBR to the rescue! I did a simultaneous RBR on both Hoppers and now everything is GREEN showing all connected on both Hoppers!

I assume you mean hitting red blue red correct. I will try this after primetime anytime gets done recording.

I am having the same issue not connecting to the internet. I have a hopper internet connector and before yesterday everything had been working with my hopper since it was installed a few months ago.

Now when I go my broadband settings moca is not connected and says failed next to dhcp, server and internet. I tried to watch an on demand movie and said I want connected to the internet. I am not sure if the hic went bad, the network cable which run from one side of the house to the other are bad. I tried replacing my router and network card in my computer.

I haven't made any changes to anything and live by myself.

In my 2 weeks I've had to resort to RBR a few times. Good news is that it doesn't take nearly as long to reboot as the DTV equipment I had. It was a full 5-10 minute endeavor each time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)