Help with new Dish Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HeavyC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Hey everyone. I'm a long time reader of SatelliteGuys and a former VOOM subscriber who's currently fed up with Mediacom. It's looking more and more like Dish Network is who I want to choose for my TV provider. We had Dish years ago before we switched over to VOOM. I plan on signing up this time under my wife's name, new phone number; etc in order to get a new subscriber deal.

I've called up the local company near my house that does installs, because I'm really tired of the people both Dish and VOOM had sent out to my house going through the 1-800 numbers. The local company has a really good track record and they stand behind their work.

Here's my question. I've got them coming out next week, just to check out my house and see what kind of install will work best. I'm obviously going to get 1 free 622, but I've been over and over the install in my head and what will meet my family's needs and we really need a second 622. My contingency plan is a regular 625 for the 2nd DVR if I can't get one, but I didn't spend the money on a 2nd HDTV not to use it. The local install company said there isn't anyway to get a second 622, outside of him just ordering it at their price and me paying for it. I think he quoted something like 600 or 700 MSRP for a 2nd one.

Am I pretty much SOL on getting a second one? I have no problem committing to a contract or whatever. My wife and I both pretty commonly watch and record HD shows. Splitting one 622 for both TV's (Component and HDMI) won't really work because of how often we are both watching something separately. I'm out of ideas, so if anyone has a new suggestion, I'm open to it. Thanks.

I'm not positive about them not allowing you a second 622, but i'm sure you can find a better deal on a 622 than ~600. Check the links to the site sponsors.

Thanks, seems like the average is around 480 dollars or so. That's not too bad, not exactly a wife friendly number. Seems like the eBay auctions are in the same price range as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts