Help with possible needless solutions?

ChadT41

THE BEST THERE HAS EVER BEEN
Original poster
Apr 20, 2014
Mesa, Az
Out of curiousity(I have that a lot), is it possible to buy and install a super Joey on a 2 hopper solution? Will dish activate it. If owned. Also, just to be even more needless, to confirm the wireless Joey is available in any situation that the reg Joey is auth in? All responses welcome, this is not going to be a "quiet" thread I hope.

Out of curiousity(I have that a lot), is it possible to buy and install a super Joey on a 2 hopper solution? Will dish activate it. If owned. Also, just to be even more needless, to confirm the wireless Joey is available in any situation that the reg Joey is auth in? All responses welcome, this is not going to be a "quiet" thread I hope.

Dish will not activate a Super Joey on a 2 Hopper account.

Reactions: SomeDishGuy

You can use a Wireless Joey in any instance you would use a regular Joey. You will either have to do an upgrade to get it or purchase it yourself. The Wireless Access Point must be purchased regardless and is $50. If you decided to purchase the Wireless Joey they retail at $49. If you do not have the Protection Plan it's actually cheaper to purchase the equipment and install it yourself. The cherry on top is that you avoid renewing a 24 month contract.

They definitely won't do a super joey on a 2 hopper account. I found that out this month when I tried to get my super joey authorized and turned on . The tech kept saying that we can't authorize a super joey on 2 hopper accounts. I had to explain that I did have two hoppers ,but one hopper was already turned off and I was sending it to dishdepot.com for a trade in for the super joey . I wanted one of my joeys to be turned off and replaced by the super joey. He kept on insisting that I had two hoppers on my account. I finally had to go through and read off each receiver number in my house so he knew which ones I was keeping and which ones to take off and I got my super joey turned on.

Yea, my roommate is still a dish csr and I have a bunch of friends still there. They finally informed me, after I made them look it up(lol), if I can activate a purchased super Joey on a 2 hopper account. Consensus was that it cannot be done due to system restrictions. Physically it's possible, but their computer system will not allow it. I'm guessing. A fight with OOP might be able to get it done, but frankly, I don't have the energy for that fight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts