Help with recording on 211K please

rvvaquero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
SE Texas
I'm not a big DVR user, mostly just pausing while I leave the room shortly. However, every now and then I need to record a program. I've run into this problem more than once.

Today's example: I set the DVR to record PGA golf on CBS from 1 pm to 5 pm. Then, I try to set to record PGA golf on the Golf Channel from 10 am to 1230 pm. It tells me there's a conflict and refuses to record both. How is there a conflict, one ends thirty minutes before the other begins. How can I resolve this?

Thanks.

Not sure about 722K, but most sports program timers are padded an extra hour. That would cause the conflict you describe. Try editing the timer for the first event to see if that pad is there, and then you can get rid of it.

Its adding 60 mins to sports events by default, so the timer set for 10am-1230pm is actually going to record till 130pm, so there is not a SAT tuner available in the 211 to start the 2nd timer at 1pm. Edit the the first timer in the timer options, not to extend it 60mins.

If you have an OTA connected to the 211k and have CBS OTA, then you could change the 1 to 5pm timer to the OTA channel and it would record both without changing the timer options.

Thanks for the responses. I'm surprised to hear that they record an hour over, since twice in the past couple of months a golf tournament has gone into a playoff and the recording stopped at the normal viewing time. I missed both playoffs because of that.

Next time I'll set up the first one and check if it is going an hour over.

One more question, since you guys are so helpful. If I'm watching a program which is also being recorded, when I push the "Stop" button, does it stop the recording or the playback?

In that case, the receiver will ask you if you want to stop recording and return to live mode.