KHON fox out in Hawaii for DISH and DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
KHON and KHON2 has been out for a few days here in Hawaii.

Finally called KHON and they said HECO (Hawaiian Electric) screwed up on some sort of excavation and KHON ills waiting for replacement parts.

This outage affects both DISH and Direct.

Several things were happening on this issue. I received a call from the head engineer at KHON.

First - the total outage was because the owner of the building where the KHON equipment is located changed out a generator which in turn knocked out some KHON equipment which needed to be flown in from the mainland.

Service was restored last Friday evening.

A second issue was a "black flashing" effect that we in Hawaii were experiencing every few minutes for over a month.

After Denise (the head engineer) at KHON worked with DISH, it was determined that the problem was because the DISH encoder in Colorado was in an alarm state. DISH then replaced the encoder. The defective encoder has been repaired and has now replaced the replacement encoder.

So...
If any Hawaii subs experience any more of the black flashing or blanking that we've been dealing with - call Denise at KHON and she said she will deal with DISH tech.

Thanks. That is excellent info, even for others of us who may someday experience that problem. We have something to ask tech support to check.

KHON is not out this time - BUT we are getting that black screen blanking out on the HD
Feed as before. This has actually been going on for quite awhile - I just haven't reported it.

I tried calling KHON today (Saturday) but their voicemail appears to be not working.

Perhaps the DISH encoder is not working again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts