Help with satellite coaxial cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Molly2018

Original poster
Aug 8, 2018
Indiana
Hello...I need help trying to figure out how to hook up 1 tv to a new VIP211k solo hd receiver. The satellite dish has been unhooked for awhile because we wanted antenna tv only. It used to be connected to 3 tvs in the home. The problem is the satellite dish has dual LNB with 2 coaxial cables but i only want to hook up 1 tv. The cable runs from the satellite to a box on the side of our home that has 2 cables running into a (looks like a splitter) then 2 wires running into the home from the splitter.
I hope this makes sense and someone can help. Thanks so much.

Hello...I need help trying to figure out how to hook up 1 tv to a new VIP211k solo hd receiver. The satellite dish has been unhooked for awhile because we wanted antenna tv only. It used to be connected to 3 tvs in the home. The problem is the satellite dish has dual LNB with 2 coaxial cables but i only want to hook up 1 tv. The cable runs from the satellite to a box on the side of our home that has 2 cables running into a (looks like a splitter) then 2 wires running into the home from the splitter.
I hope this makes sense and someone can help. Thanks so much.
Can you post some pics of the box on the side of your house and that splitter? Also the a pic of the dish too. That would help someone to figure out things for you.

Thanks... I have been reading on google as much as I can and yes it is a ( ground block ) and the cable is called a Twin Coaxial Shotgun Cable. The problem is how do I hook up the 211k receiver when it only needs 1 cable running to it. The twin coaxial cable running in the house has 2 wires on the end.
Thanks again

Thanks... I have been reading on google as much as I can and yes it is a ( ground block ) and the cable is called a Twin Coaxial Shotgun Cable. The problem is how do I hook up the 211k receiver when it only needs 1 cable running to it. The twin coaxial cable running in the house has 2 wires on the end.
Thanks again

Use either one of the two wires and you should be good.

Thanks again
They run 2 cables or a dual cable from the Dish in the case of connecting 2 receivers.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)