Help with Satellite Options

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

msgph

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Hi All,

We are moving in two weeks and are trying to decide whether to keep cable or go with DISH/DirecTV.

Currently with Time Warner, we have 6 tv's on cable, with HBO and Starz. We have one digital box and two regular dvr's. The other three tv's only have the analog channels. We are paying about $100 a month.

We'd like to price a similar setup on DISH. I'd like to keep HBO, but not necessarily Starz. Can I get some recommendations from the forum regulars here on the best setup and best price/vendor to go with?

Thanks in advance to everyone for the help.

Michael

You have a lot of options with Dish--go to this website and explore all the programming options, etc:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/

Dish has by FAR the better HD selection and quality. There are different DVR (dual tuner 622--gives you one HD tuner output to one HD tv, 1 Off the Air Antenna tuner (HD) to your HD TV and 1 SD Tuner to multiple TV's (one output, but we just splice that--but the Tuner 2 will give you the same programming in the rest of the non-HD tv's)

Other options are multiple tuners--see the website above or perhaps someone wlll chime in with their setup.

If you do decide to go Dish, as a Club Dish member, I can refer you with a referral number/code that you use when you FIRST sign up with Dish--either with retailer or direct. Please PM me (click on my username and then Private Message) for details and a referral number and help--it saves you the cost of the install and gives us a credit, as Club Dish members.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts