Help with self instal

satNewb22

Original poster
Aug 10, 2013
Va
D1000.4 Dish, VIP 722k receiver. I need to know alignment/elevation for my area to get the correct channels. My zip is 23083.

Many Thanks

I am doing a self install because dish wont cover it, equipment was purchased not on lease. And how do I know if its EA or WA? Also if you have any guides or videos it would be very helpful, as this as my first time. I went to places like dishpointer but I dont even know which sats Im suppose to be pointing at, as they all seem to be defaulted to directs sats.

Sounds to me like your in over your head. Did you ask Dish or a local retailer what they would want for an install?

I am doing a self install because dish wont cover it, equipment was purchased not on lease. And how do I know if its EA or WA? Also if you have any guides or videos it would be very helpful, as this as my first time. I went to places like dishpointer but I dont even know which sats Im suppose to be pointing at, as they all seem to be defaulted to directs sats.

What LNB arm assembly did whoever you bought the gear from sell you? Since you are in Virginia, its most likely you were sold an Eastern Arc assembly which would mean you would have an arm with one LNB apart from the other two which would be closer together (61.5, 72.7, and 77 sats). You can use dishpointer.com to find your elevation, azimuth, and skew using your zipcode. If on the other hand they sold you a Western Arc LNB assembly, you would need to point at 110, 119, and 129.

Without knowing what equipment you bought we would only be guessing.

Oh I didnt know what the EA or WA was refering to. Its an eastern arc, and I definately dont have the money for a install, already had to lower my package, times are tough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts