Help with self installation...

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
We have decided to discard our cable company. We are going to subscribe to SkyAngel (Christian formatted television viewing) provided only by the use of Dish Network equipment on the 61.5 H satellite.

We have multiple televisions (5). I searched eBay and have purchased two 322 units and one 311, the Dish 300 dish, a Dish Network DP34 switch for the multiple receiver install, and the DishPro KU dual LNBF.

I installed a single receiver Dish Network system in the late 90's.

I was wondering if anyone can provide me with insight and pointers as to the DIY installation of a multi-receiver system using the above mentioned equipment.

I would appreciate any insight, pointers, etc.

Thanks,

Robert

First things first. You don't have enough equipment to run your 5 Tuners with what you just explained.

What you need is a Dish Network Legacy Dual, or a DirecTv dual, and a 3x8 multiswitch (there is a whole lineup of sponsors at the top of this page chomping at the bit for your business). You'll have to run 2 lines to each 322 and a single line to the 311. That would be the cheapest way to do this. I said cheapest, not easiest.

If you want easy, then a DP Dual and a DPP44 switch would allow you to run one cable to each TV. That costs $, though.

A 3rd option is to buy a second 34 switch. That would probably be about as cheap as #1 up there. HOWEVER, you'll have more total invested.

Last edited:
I don't have 5 tuners, I have 3 tuners; two dual 322 and one single 311. But I do want to connect 5 tvs.

I have a dual LNB. Is there a difference between a Legacy dual and a regular dual?

I would like to go the cheapest route, yes. Would a second DP 34 take care of it?

Please expand, or provide a diagram if you can for two dual tuners, a single tuner and 5 tvs, with a DP34, Dish 300 and dual LNB.

Thanks again for all who respond with their experience and knowledge.

Bob

NO, you have 3 receivers and 5 tuners like "chadzx11" said. The 322s are dual tuners. Why do you have two threads for the same question? I already replied on the other thread.

You don't have enough equipment. You need another 34 switch for all the receivers you mentioned. you need to run two lines from the 34switch to each of the 322. the other 34 switch you can run one line to the 311. Why don't you have an installer come out and mention that you have your own equipment when you order. It might be easier in the long run. I have a feeling there is a service call in your future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)