Help with setting up HD on tv2

Nick23

Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
United States
Ok this is the situation, i recently wanted to set up HD for my bedroom tv (which is tv2) but the receiver and tv1 are in the living room. I think my receiver only allows for tv1 to have HD, so i was wondering if there was an easy way to get hd on my bedroom tv or would i have to somehow make the tv in my room tv1 and the one in the living room tv2. BTW i can watch the HD in my bedroom but it is just a mirror of tv1, also the tv in my living room is older so there is no HD on it.

I posted a pic of my receiver too. 722k-back.jpg

First of all, what receiver do you have? Second, if you want the bedroom TV to be HD, you need to:

1. Move the receiver to the bedroom, which would require the feed line from the Sat to be there as well. Then, connect living room via Coax, OR:

2. Run an HDMI cable from the living room to the bedroom. The non-HD TV in the living room could be connected with composite cables.

3. Investigate the Hopper, especially if you for-see HD sets in both rooms in the near future.

Last edited:
I have ran the hdmi cable to the bedroom but i get the same feed from tv1 and i cant access the guide or change the channel unless i change it on the other tv, is there any way to fix that?

The 722k only supports TV1 HD output. You'll need another 722k or a 612 if you want the Duo-DVR experience in HD on both TVs.

I have ran the hdmi cable to the bedroom but i get the same feed from tv1 and i cant access the guide or change the channel unless i change it on the other tv, is there any way to fix that?

You can set the receiver to Single Mode and the TV2 remote will control TV1.

Ok i think im gonna go the switching receiver route, so how would i go about doing this?

Here is my actual receiver, there not the best pictures and i dont know if you even need them but just for whatever.IMAG0116.jpgIMAG0115.jpgIMAG0117.jpgIMAG0114.jpg

If its too difficult i will probably get a professional to come out and do it.

First thing before you go changing the wiring, do you need to have separate viewing on both tv's, i.e. do you have someone else in house watching something different on tv 2 while you're viewing tv1. If not just open the front door on the receiver and push the button to switch to single mode and both remotes then control tv 1 and you push the swap button on remote if you want to view the second tuner. The receiver still functions the same, it just becomes a single tuner output receiver instead of a dual tuner output.

RF remotes are pretty cheap, you can order one on ebay or amazon, that will then control tv 1 from any room in the house. If you want to rewire, there should be a second triplexer somewhere (last picture), do you know where it is at?

There is another triplexer but it is for another receiver(maybe should have mentioned earlier idk) and the uhf/vhf wire is not connected to anything, i couldnt find anything other than that.

The triplexer behind the 722 should have 2 wires going to the sat 1 and sat 2 inputs on the 722 and a wire going to the home distribution output of the 722. That is the 3 wires on one side of the triplexer. The single wire on the other side is going back to some point where there should be a diplexer with a wire going to the Dish and a single wire going to your bedroom where tv 2 is.

Attachments

• tri4.jpg
    tri4.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 154
Here is a very rudimentary picture showing what should be the first diplexer in your system coming down from the dish. To relocate the receiver from one room to another, you have to reverse the cables that say TO TV1 and TO TV2 in my picture. That will send the satellite signal to the other room, instead of where it goes now, and allow the TV2 backfeed to run to the opposite room.

The cable that comes off of "In/Out" must run to the receiver (connect to the separator or triplexer behind the receiver) and the cable that comes off "VHF/UHF" must run direct to the second television.

Attachments

• diplexer detail.jpg
    diplexer detail.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 161

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts