Help with setup???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jarganda

Original poster
Dec 7, 2013
Central Valley, California
I have a HR24-500 receiver and a SL5PIG-WNC dish. How do I know which dish to choose when I'm in the setup menu? Should I be using B-band converters? I can't get my any signal at all. I know my box is good, because I tried it at a friends. I think I'm having an issue with my dish. Does it watter which cable I hook up to from my dish? My dish has 4 cables. Thanks for your help in advance. I'm really new to this...

You'll need to connect two cables to your DVR in order to record on both tuners.
And, you will need the B Band Converters.

Make sure the mast is plumb. Then set the dish to the skew and elevation values for your location.
Then you use the azimuth to align to the satellites.

Others here can give you more details.

Are we working with 4 lines straight from the dish to a certain point or are these lines going here and there and around this and that?

The 4 cables come out of the dish approx. 3 feet and lands on a terminal block. I'll try to post a picture. The wiring from my dish to my TV is not super crazy. I am using the b band's, I just wanted to make sure that I needed them. Thanks. I can't get any signal at all. I've set my elevation and tilt on the dish according to my area. When I move the dish to get the azimuth, I get nothing. I know the general direction I should be pointing. Is it fairly easy to get a signal or do i have to be absolutely right on? I've pointed this same dish in the past and was able to get a signal, even though it wasn't perfect. Now I get nothing. Is it possible that my dish has failed 2013-12-08 11.11.32.jpg2013-12-08 11.11.32.jpg2013-12-08 11.11.32.jpg2013-12-08 11.11.32.jpg?

It's possible you have a bad lnb. The dish type should be Slimline 5, the non swm one. Like Hutch said, make sure the mast is plumb. Make sure the elevation and skew are correct. When you set the elevation, use the bracket behind the scale for the setting, not the nut. Check the cable connections everywhere to be sure they are tight.

Ok, thanks. I double checked the mast with a level and it's almost exactly plumb. I am reading the bracket for elivation and tilt. I have chosen the "Slimline 5" and selected miltiswitch instead of SWM. I move the dish side to side and nothing??? How can I test my LNB?

I don't know if there is a field test for the lnbs. I think techs just swap them out when they suspect them to be bad.

Not the washer, the bracket behind the scale.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)