Help with signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joedirt88

Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Midwest
Hey guys I am sure this has been covered multiple times and I have some understanding of the satellites signals but with my direct tv I am not getting a lot of the HD channels. Using the signal meter these are the figures that come back 101 degrees my transpoders are pretty high or zero, at 99 degrees (c) i have a bunch of zeros and the rest are N/A, with 99 degrees (s) i have some zeros and N/A, 103 degrees (s) 0s and N/As for the most part 103 degrees (ca) N/As and some zeros and some high numbers and 103 degrees (cb) all zeros or NA.. I feel bad and stupid for bothering you with these questions all the standard definition channels come in after glitching for a second but only a few of the hd channels do. Which of all of these satellites do I need to focus on for HD channels and what application online is best for using your location to help determine what adjustments to make.

Thanks so much for your time I really appreciate it.
Joe

are you using the receiver to aim the dish? If so what model number of receiver
Is it a SWM setup? Reason I ask is a non SWM setup most receivers require the BBC connectors to get the HD channels (the 23 model does not need them)

1-8 0 52 0 73 0 81 0 79
9-16 0 69 0 89 0 88 0 85
17-24 0 79 0 86 0 83 0 81
25-32 0 86 0 0 0 76 0 77

99 C
1-8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9-16 0 0 0 0 0 0 NA NA
17-24 na na na na na na na na
25-32 na na na na na na na na

103ca some of these went between the numbers and zero for example 50 and then 0 flash back and forth
1-8 na na na na na na na na
9-16 52 50 0 47 46 47 33 41
17-24 0 32 0 23 0 0 0 0

103 cb
1-8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
9-16 0 0 0 0 0 0 na na
17-24 na na na na na na na na

thanks for your help.

I've seen this a few different times and have had a few different outcomes. One was coax issue RG59 had to be replaced. another was the use of a bbc with a slimline 5 for some reason the BBC will not work properly with some slimline 5's. another was just a bad slimline 3 LNB. I have also had bad wall plates cause issues.

I've seen this a few different times and have had a few different outcomes. One was coax issue RG59 had to be replaced. another was the use of a bbc with a slimline 5 for some reason the BBC will not work properly with some slimline 5's. another was just a bad slimline 3 LNB. I have also had bad wall plates cause issues.

In leaning to dish alignment. Nothing here is anywhere to close of where they should be

I agree your dish needs to be realigned, but I think you also have either a cable/connection issue or a bad lnb/multiswitch. If you have a separate multiswitch it may be bad. If not, I suspect the lnb. The zeros on all of the odd transponders is an indication.

Question about my BBC

I am having trouble some hd channels not coming in at all... I am unable to pick up any transponders signal under satellite 99c and 101 cb i tried adjusting the dish to which did nothing. Also the cable from my dish runs just to one box and the line has a BBC module on it I have the H24 receiver. I was wondering if maybe i had a bad BBC because i took it off and was still receiving all the same hd channels i was with it and still not receiving the ones when i have it connected. If i had another box i would just switch BBC to try but i dont so any thoughts.
Thanks for your help
Joe

you can try a new BBC and see if that fixes it

What HD channels do you get? I thought unless you had the BBC installed you woudlnt get any HD channels

I get most of them lol.. the few that I dont get are ESPN HD TBS HD those are two that really matter to me .. also with all the zeros on transponders before it was a bad cable so that fixed all of that.

joedirt88, can you post your signal levels with the new bbc in place?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts