help with simple setup

MikeofPA

Original poster
Nov 26, 2009
PA
Hello,

Not sure if this was the right subforum to ask for help.

Right off the bat, I have a samsung LN32B360..

...and a cheap Memorex MVD2407.

I wanted to hook it up using component cables but it does not seem to work.
It does work however if I use composite.

What I did was use the component cables normally as the in/outs are labled, but I was trying to use the red white on a set of composites for the audio. Just leaving the yellow disconnected. Would this work?

I should also note I have a dtv hd reciever hooked to the tv via hdmi. I believe though that is irrelevent to the hookup im trying to figure out.

Is there a setting on the tv or dvd player?

Basic obvious question first.......... You put the tv on the right input to watch, for the input you used to plug the dvd player into? Sometimes, people don't realize the tv doesn't automatically go to that input.

I don't think it should, but maybe the player has to be set to "Progressive Scan", when using component outputs? Careful though. Once it's set to Progressive Scan, component connection is the only way to get a picture. Composite and s-video will no longer work.........
Maybe someone else has an idea.
Good luck!

hey thanks for the reply.

I managed to figure it out shortly after posting. I was selecting the input on the tv, but there was a setting on the dvd to choose output option...just switched it and now it works.

now I just need some new dvds worth watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)