Help with surround speakers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

santi89

Original poster
May 12, 2008
Im looking to upgrade from my "boxed" surround system as it is old and doesn't have the sound quality I would like. I have researched the options on receivers around $500 and have decided either the

Onkyo TX-SR605 OR the newer Onkyo TX-SR606 would be best since they have good features and great reviews most everywhere i've looked.

Speakers is a different story. I'm considering several different models. I'd like a 5.1 system with the budget being at around $400-$500 maybe more with a sub. The models i'm considering (from reviews and user recommendations) I haven't listened to them since I would have to go to 10 different stores to find all of them. If anyone owns them or has heard them and would like to encourage me towards a particular set or discourage one I would really appreciate it. Here they are:

Infinity TSS-4000
Fluance SX-HTB
Onkyo SKS-HT240
Onkyo SKS-HT540
Harman Kardon HKTS 14 or HKTS 18
Polk Audio 5.1 Home Theater System (PLK RM6880BK)

I'm also open to any other speaker sets in that price range.

Oh and also, what does the new Onkyo 606 receiver have that the cheaper (by $150) Onkyo 605 doesn't?

Thanks for any help with this,

SJ