Help with switch problem!?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mgb220

Original poster
Feb 6, 2010
ohio
:rant:Hello everyone, I'm new to this site so please bare with me. I recently became a dish network customer, and I currently have 2 dual receivers connected to 4 tv's. I purchased a receiver from a friend of mine who switch to cable. I want to know if theres anyway I could connect this receiver to the dishes that are already being used. I tried using 2 direct tv dishes that were already on my house, but after re-alligning the dishes to 119 and 110 sats, the receiver wouldn't recognize them, so I connected a DP21 switch to combine the signal and I got an error message stating there were switch problems! Can anyone help me or do I have to pay a tech to come out? Thank You :angel:

What kind of LNB's are on the Directv Dishes?

In most cases if its a single LNB or a 3 LNB (the old Phase III not the new HD model) those LNB's are considered legacy and the DP21 switch would not work. You would need a SW21 switch (looks like the DP21 but works with Legacy equipment)

Maybe consider using just one dish, a 1000.2, for everything. The LNB on it can feed up to three dual tuners, so it will easily feed 2 dual tuners and a single tuner or a 3rd dual tuner. The 1000.2 can cover up to three orbital locations. It's easy to peak on the 119, and when it is you've got the 110 tuned also. No external switch needed.
Contact a local retailer and see if you qualify for an antenna upgrade, or purchase and install it yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)