Help with SWM5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

flee1049

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
Cali
Hi, I currently have 1 HR21 and 2 H21 receivers hooked up to my AU9 Dish...I would like to get another HR21 receiver, but I am out of ports for the HR21 (Needs 2 Feeds from the LNB)

So I thought of the SWM5.......

Does anyone have a diagram on how to hook up a SWM5 with my receivers? Does it only require 1 Line to go into the HR21 receiver instead of 2?

How about how to hook up the SWM to the LNBs?

I'm a bit confused.....

Thanks for reading..

SWM-5 is not going to work for you if I understand the total number of tuners you're aiming to support. SWM-5 is actually obsolete, but more importantly it only supports 5 tuners. HD DVR's count as 2 tuners so your 2 DVR's equals 4 tuners and your two H21's add another 2 tuners for a total of 6. If you want to run the 2 HR21's and the 2 H21's you should go with the SWM-8 which will support 8 tuners. And yes, once you have the SWM-8 installed, along with a SWM splitter you only have to run 1 line to each receiver.

SWM-5 is not going to work for you if I understand the total number of tuners you're aiming to support. SWM-5 is actually obsolete, but more importantly it only supports 5 tuners. HD DVR's count as 2 tuners so your 2 DVR's equals 4 tuners and your two H21's add another 2 tuners for a total of 6. If you want to run the 2 HR21's and the 2 H21's you should go with the SWM-8 which will support 8 tuners. And yes, once you have the SWM-8 installed, along with a SWM splitter you only have to run 1 line to each receiver.

Thanks for letting me know that.....I will look into buying a SWM-8 instead.:up

A complete order is going to include a SWM-8, a power inserter, and a SWM splitter. Typically they package the SWM-8 and power inserter together but since they can be bought separately make sure you get the package. Depending on your setup and cabling you can get one 8-way SWM splitter or whatever combination of splitters that works with your situation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)