Help with Tax

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Rain

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Does D* charge state tax for services? I'm tring to figure out if it's worth it to go to Total Choice Plus. the way I added it up I'd be paying about 58.47 a month instead of 50.90

How do they figure tax?

Depends on the state you are in. Some states charge a satellite tax and some do not. I do not have a list of which ones do maybe someone else on here does..

D* doesn't charge you a tax..

Direct doesn't "charge" you a tax but in most states has to add the state sales tax to your bill just like the elec. co., telephone co., or most products purchased in any state with a sales tax. Here in Wisconsin we have a 5% sales tax so my actual bill from D* has 5% added on to it which goes to the State of Wisconsin. It's really peanuts on something small but when you make a big purchase like a new car it sure is noticable!

ArtWIS said:
Direct doesn't "charge" you a tax but in most states has to add the state sales tax to your bill just like the elec. co., telephone co., or most products purchased in any state with a sales tax. Here in Wisconsin we have a 5% sales tax so my actual bill from D* has 5% added on to it which goes to the State of Wisconsin. It's really peanuts on something small but when you make a big purchase like a new car it sure is noticable!

Additional comment: My state doesn't have any special extra tax for sattelite service just the regular sales tax for almost al items purchased except food and medicine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.