Help with TV Listing times?

Voom4Me

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
New Jersey
I’m a new user and was wondering if anyone could help me figure something out.

The Program Guide that Voom uses list all shows in 30 minute increments, (10:00, 10:30, 11:00 etc..) but when a show is scheduled to start at lets say 10:15 the guide will show the listing at 10:30. Of course when you tune in at 10:30 you would have already missed the first 15 mins of the show.

Case in point: I tuned in to watch The Silence of the Lambs, which was posted here as starting at 8:30pm last night, but of course when I tuned in, the show had actually started at 8:15pm…

Is this something specific to my area, or do I have to make a settings change? I did a quick search to see if anything had been posted on this topic, but could not find anything. If this question has been covered and I missed it, could someone point me to the thread?

Thank you..

Welcome to the forum!

Are you talking about the web site or about the on-screen guide? The web site doesn't give you good accuracy unfortunately. The on-screen schedule grid has 30-minute increments too. However, when you navigate to particular program in the guide it shows correct starting and ending times. And if you set the program reminder, it is accurate in most cases.

Hi Ilya,

Thank you for your reply. I was referring to the Web Site. But I just realized that although the site has the Voom logo, it appears to be an external link “tvlistings4.zap2it”

The problem seems to be inherent to that site. They round down all times to the next listed time, which would mean that if the show starts earlier you have no way of knowing and would miss the beginning if you tune in at the listed time.

The On-Screen guide seems to round up to the earlier time listed, so the worst that could happen when tuning in to watch a program would be that you would have to watch some commercials or the ending of another show. Much better than having to miss the beginning of the show you intend to watch.

Again, the on-screen guide does show the acurate times (in most cases anyway) with 5-minute precision. Just navigate to the program in the guide and you will see the accurate time.

Happy VOOMing 4 you! ;)

Thanks for the tip, Ilya. I’m going to start using the online guide more, but I was getting used to using the web site, which does have its advantages, including easier navigation plus it covers almost two weeks of programming.

I also noticed that some of the program listings here on SatelliteGuys seem to use the same method for listing the starting times of shows. Just yesterday, Sean Mota, a Staff Member of this web site, posted the times for The Silence of the Lambs, in the Programming Alerts section, as 1:30pm & 8:30pm ET, when in fact the correct times where 1:15pm & 8:15pm ET.

Would you know if Voom has a TV Guide we could subscribe to? :)

Online Program Guide:

go to http://www.voomllc.com/ (or www.voom.com), click on "Use it" and then click on the small menu called "Program Guide" and with your zip code input, you will see a program line up that includes your local stations.

Also, Titan TV (but it does not have all the movie descriptions for the HD Cinemas:

To sign up (free): http://www.titantv.com/ttv/mytitantv/signup/signup.aspx

This will then be customized for your local channels and VOOM.

Also, the provider for the VOOM listings above, Zap2It also has a site, which you can register at and configure the listings, but, even though you input your zip code, it doesn't seem to list local channels:
http://tvlistings2.zap2it.com/grid.asp?partner_id=national

If anyone has any other additiona VOOM program listers, I would also be interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)