Help with VCR setup

I'm not sure it will go to channel 00.

After all of this, I'll need to go buy another set of composite cables. Also, the main reason I'm even bothering is that I would like to be able to use the event timer function. However, no codes listed will control the Go Video VCR I have.

kpeercy said:
I'm not sure it will go to channel 00.

After all of this, I'll need to go buy another set of composite cables. Also, the main reason I'm even bothering is that I would like to be able to use the event timer function. However, no codes listed will control the Go Video VCR I have.

Just punch in "00" on your remote for the GV and it should get you there.

You said that you tried the 4 codes in the manual to operate your VCR. They were: 557, 558, 620, and 685? Just for grins, try them one more time. If they don't work try these: 057, 058, 120. I got these from a really old remote guide that I have for a black button remote. I tried entering 057 on my 811 remote and it took it as a legitimate code. If that doesn't work, have you tried the "Scan For Device Codes" on Page 66 of the 811 manual? If none of these tips help, you're SOL.

So, kpeercy, how did it work out? Were you able to get everything running? Did you try the codes I passed along? Did they work? Were you able to input 00 and get your VCR to record of your 811?

Bobby,
None of the codes from the guide or from you worked, so the rest was a moot point. I didn't even try to hook it up after that. I'm going to get a new VCR and try again. I'm looking for one with both the "in" and "out" on the rear of the VCR.

kpeercy said:
Bobby,
None of the codes from the guide or from you worked, so the rest was a moot point. I didn't even try to hook it up after that. I'm going to get a new VCR and try again. I'm looking for one with both the "in" and "out" on the rear of the VCR.

Too bad it didn't work. Oh well, get that new VCR and enjoy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)