Help with Wally

wdavis9

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
meridian, ms
I ordered a Wally with a Winegard Pathway X2 for my RV. My question is can I hook it up to my home dish the first time to get it authorized and get updated. Also can I keep it hooked up while we’re at home and just use the Pathfinder when camping.
Also what is the limit on external hard drives with the Wally 1 or 2 tb. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I ordered a Wally with a Winegard Pathway X2 for my RV. My question is can I hook it up to my home dish the first time to get it authorized and get updated. Also can I keep it hooked up while we’re at home and just use the Pathfinder when camping.
Also what is the limit on external hard drives with the Wally 1 or 2 tb. Thanks for the help.

It depends what kind of LNB and receivers you have at home whether the Wally will work there or not.

2TB is the hard drive limit.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Dish 1000 dp plus LNB.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Your two HWS's are probably connected to a dual node which uses all three outputs from your LNB so you'll have to add a DPP44 switch to have an additional output for the Wally.

7B4C931B-D15F-42AB-BB9A-74217DB90908.jpeg
This is what I have

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sorry to ask so many dumb questions but will the DP44 replace the duo node I have now?

Sorry to ask so many dumb questions but will the DP44 replace the duo node I have now?

The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. :)

No, the DPP44 will not replace the node. You would wire the dish to the DPP44 then 3 of the outputs of the DPP44 to the node and one to the Wally. You would also have a power inserter connected to port #1 on the switch which I would probably put at the Wally location.

Would it be easier just to get a dish 1000 antenna and put where I keep my RV and hook the Wally to it?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)