Help with what satellite dish type do I need. KuBand or C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wgrisales

Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
Colombia
?Hello everyone. This is my first post here and I don't know much about the subject. Hopefully I can find some guidance.
I want to get programming off Galaxy 19 satellite. G-19 (97w)
My current location is : Colombia, South America
LAT: 4.960641135840065
LONG: -74.29676055908203

G-19 sat has a footprint area that covers northern Colombia. I am 30 miles south outside the footprint area.
If I was to be inside the footprint area, the recommended dish size is a 1.2 meter KU band dish.

Question is, could I make it with a 1.2 meter dish?
If not KU-band, what size C-band dish would I need?
I heard about a 2 degree issue to take into consideration. Would it affect me?
Offset or Prime focus

Thanks for your help and for your time

Welcome to the Forum

I´m looking at the footprint map, I see that on Ku band the footprint shows as covering Medellin indicating a 1.50 meter dish needed.
I understand you want the Ku band, right ?
Depending on exactly where you are, if possible it you could try with a 1.8 meter dish,
You would normally use an offset dish for the Ku band, or if you have a C band dish (prime focus) you could use a lnb that also has Ku band capabilities.

The C band footprint shows that in Barranquilla you need a 2.50 meter dish, but I see that in C band Medellin is out of the footprint, the lower part of the footprint shows a 2.90 meter dish required.
I guess that if possible it would be a matter of trying with a larger dish if you are still south of such footprint.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts