Help with why my regional Sports NBA Alt channel is blacked out?

Just ran across this post. Strange issues for the two posters that seemingly should be (and have been) within the Hornets viewing area. I'm in Rock Hill, SC, which is still part of the Charlotte DMA, and I haven't had any issues watching all the Hornets road games via the FOXSE Alt channels including the Brooklyn game last night. (Have Season Tickets, so I go to most home games).

If it is, in fact, Dish limiting this viewing area, its pretty sad to hide behind blaming the NBA blackout rules. Have either of you tried to contact a DIRT member on the subject? May be a longshot, but perhaps they can look into it a little further than the regular CSRs, or at least give you more info than just reading the blackout rules boilerplate. Especially since you both have received the Hornets games up until this season, and seems like you are both close enough to be within the Hornets viewing area.

Heck, maybe try contacting the NBA directly (via social media, perhaps) regarding the blackout and see if Dish is correct. That may be a bigger longshot, but who knows.

It'll be the All-Star game or later before anything gets done, if it ever does get done. Easier to be proactive IMO and skirt around Dish's cheapness

Reactions: DWS44
It'll be the All-Star game or later before anything gets done, if it ever does get done. Easier to be proactive IMO and skirt around Dish's cheapness

Yeah...probably so. At least our Hornets are out of the gate with a good record so far and worth caring about watching. :thumbup

Very true. Would like to see Roy Hibbert get back to form, I don't feel really good about Zeller being our starting C

They played Hibbert too many minutes opening night. I see he is already out tomorrow night but the Hornets are kind of "hush hush" on actual injury reports with timetables, etc. Even if expecting what he did vs. the Bucks isn't reasonable, I really do think Coach Clifford will get him back close to his former Pacers form. The Lakers were a train wreck last year so that was an outlier in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts